Brien Posey is a seven time Microsoft MVP with two decades of IT experience. Before becoming a freelance technical writer, Brien worked as a CIO for a national chain of hospitals and healthcare facilities. He has also served as a network administrator for some of the nation’s largest insurance companies and for the Department of Defense at Fort Knox.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Brien Posey
- Deploying Hyper-V hosts through Virtual Machine Manager
- When not to use Generation 2 VMs
- IP address management advice for virtual servers
- Hyper-V shared virtual hard disk requirements
- Hyper-V replication over low-bandwidth connections
- Stretched cluster failover requirements
- Prevent problems in large VM migrations
- Virtualization-specific challenges to server battery backups
- Recommendations for assigning vCPUs
- Start with live migration basics for better performance
- Pods offer scalability but bring clustering challenges
- How VMware vApps can simplify multi-tiered application management
- The how and why of live cloning a VM in Hyper-V 2012 R2
- Adding an IPAM server in SCVMM 2012 R2
- How Hyper-V and VMware can coexist together with VMM
- Best practices for using Hyper-V differencing disks
- Be prepared before you change your hypervisor
- Software-defined networking for Hyper-V
- Must-read tips to secure VM live migrations
- CredSSP or Kerberos authentication for Live Migration?