This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
4. - Popular virtualization certification options: Read more in this section
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
- VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Private Cloud (MCSE Private Cloud)
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
Explore other sections in this guide:
The Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) is a performance-based certification exam from Red Hat, Inc.
Unlike other virtualization certifications, such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or the VMware Certified Professional (VCP), RHCVA asks the candidate to perform tasks on a live system. This certification does not require the admin to sit through the course; it simply requires an administrator to pass the exam.
Award of a certificate indicates an administrator's ability to deploy and manage virtual hosts in a production environment using RHEV (Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization). An RHCVA has also demonstrated the ability to install Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, as well as create data centers, clusters, pools and templates.
A RHCVA certification has a current window of 3 calendar years.