As hypervisor features have become more similar, the next vendor battleground will be over management software. Microsoft and VMware have similar capabilities, and now they'll look to make their products stand out by touting their management tools and complimentary products. Soon, IT pros won't spend time looking at unique features when they compare hypervisors; they will be looking at how an organization can use the hypervisor to improve workflows throughout the data center.
Chapters Available For Free Access
Tips and Tutorials
- Admins have mixed feelings toward new virtual storage techniques
- Virtualization pros weigh manual capacity management against automation
- Line blurs between capacity planning, performance monitoring
- Veeam readies capacity planning for virtualization management battle
- VMware vSphere 5 storage management features pique interest
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Virtualization admins' top concern is no longer choosing a hypervisor -- it's choosing the right tools that will help with management, improve VM ...
Workload mobility is a key part of virtualization, and it should continue to get better and become a bigger part of an IT admin's everyday operations...
Virtualization solves a lot of problems, but it also presents new challenges, especially related to storage. Do you need new tools that address ...