Virtualization has emerged as a principal enabler of data center efficiency, but it is not a turnkey process. It requires careful consideration and planning to ensure successful deployments. In this e-book, learn the virtualization essentials that can make your environments run smoothly and cost effectively.
Chapters Available For Free Access
Moving to a consolidated data center reduces the number of servers, which can minimize required investments in hardware, hardware maintenance charges...
Virtual data center managers must keep storage capacity and performance within acceptable parameters as business conditions change. Examine the ...
Tips and Tutorials
- Mix hardware and software for the best VM high availability
- Choosing disaster recovery options that fit your virtual needs
- How Hyper-V Recovery Manager works and where it falls short
- Virtualizing storage for a flexible approach to disaster recovery
- Capacity planning strategies for successful failover clusters
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Virtualization admins' top concern is no longer choosing a hypervisor -- it's choosing the right tools that will help with management, improve VM ...
As hypervisor features have become more similar, the next vendor battleground will be over management software. Microsoft and VMware have similar ...
Workload mobility is a key part of virtualization, and it should continue to get better and become a bigger part of an IT admin's everyday operations...