The Advanced Virtualization e-book covers critical areas of server virtualization, availability, storage and security. Final chapters dig into the nuts and bolts of desktop virtualization -- from technology evaluations to performance monitoring and management. They also examines network virtualization's rise as an emerging infrastructure and offer tactics and best practices for optimizing hypervisor performance.
Chapter 1: Disaster Recovery Strategies for the Virtual Data Center
This chapter addresses the following areas:
- Two disaster recovery techniques of the virtual data center
- Overcoming bandwidth and latency issues without data loss
- The role of data deduplication
- Tools for disaster recovery efficiency
- Testing your virtual DR strategy