The Server Virtualization Advisory Board consists of systems administrators and consultants who specialize in server virtualization technology.
These experts will help us focus our news coverage and expert tips on the topics that are most important to you, our readers. And every month, members of the Server Virtualization Advisory Board will weigh in on a hot topic in the market.
Take a few minutes to meet the members of the Server Virtualization Advisory Board in this
slideshow, and check out their takes on the questions below.
Shannon Snowden | Dave Sobel | Maish Saidel-Keesing | NEXT
- What are your favorite technology books?
- Is the virtualization hypervisor a commodity?
- What new virtualization features do you want?
- Do traditional software licensing models work with virtualization?
- What are your 2011 server virtualization predictions?
- What server virtualization technology or product are you most thankful for?
- What are the challenges of physical and virtual backup management?
- Are IT vendor acquisitions good for customers?
- How do you jump-start a stalled virtualization deployment?
- Is converged infrastructure a good fit for everyone?
- Should admins and systems engineers pay attention to VMforce?
- Are private clouds the data centers of the future?
- Should you use multiple platforms for virtualization?
- Will the Zimbra acquisition help or hurt VMware?
- How should admins step up their virtual server management and prepare for virtualization trends in 2010?
- What's your New Year's virtualization resolution for 2010?
- What are your tips for preventing and eliminating VM sprawl?
- What are the pros and cons of bundling hardware and software together for virtualization?
- Will open source virtualization software help or hurt Citrix?
- What's the biggest virtualization error you've ever made?
- What are the best ways to develop virtualization skills?
- For virtualization management, should you use platform vendors' tools or third-party management?
- When should you mix server and desktop virtualization management?
- How do you define cloud computing?
This was first published in November 2010