|Hannah Drake, Associate Site Editor|
- Improving VM security: Best practices
These best practices for managing security for virtualization can help you shield your VMs from evildoers' and users' security blunders.
- Virtualization security benefits and drawbacks
An overview of the different types of concerns you should have in mind when implenting a virtual infrastructure.
- Improving Microsoft Virtual Server security: Securing local access to the host
This article will walk you through securing local access to the Virtual Server 2005 host machine and the virtual machines it hosts.
- Improving Microsoft Virtual Server security: Securing remote access to the host
This article will walk you through securing remote connections to Virtual Server 2005, including the administration website and the Virtual Machine Remote Connection (VMRC) client.
- Improving Microsoft Virtual Server security: Virtual machine log file monitoring
This article will offer some advice on proactive event log collection for Virtual Server 2005 so that if a security breach does occur, you will be able to collect more evidence on what actually happened.
- Improving Microsoft Virtual Server security: Examining the compromised Virtual Server 2005 host
This article will walk you through some steps to take before powering down a Virtual Server 2005 host for investigation.
- Virtual switch security: VMware, Virtual Server and XenExpress
Find out how VMware Server, Virtual Server and XenExpress stack up in terms of virtual switch security.
- The risk of using free virtualization products
Although free virtualization products are handy and benefit the industry, using them in the enterprise without proper planning could cause problems.
- How virtualization can improve security
Believe it or not, virtualization has a huge potential to improve security. Virtualized servers make it easier to isolate unstable or compromised applications, provide fast disaster recovery solutions, offer powerful forensic analysis capabilities and create cheaper intrusion detection tools.
- Securing the mobile workforce with VMware ACE
A mobile workforce presents unique corporate IT security challenges. Author and Microsoft MVP Alessandro Perilli discusses a real-world scenario in which virtualization with VMware ACE could stop unauthorized data leakage in your corporate network and reduce the risk of infiltration.
Dig Deeper on Server virtualization risks and monitoring