This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
2. - VMworld 2013 Videos: Read more in this section
- VMworld news recap: Hybrid cloud, 100% virtualization still a ways off
- Exploring virtualization, cloud computing and big data infrastructure
- In software-defined data centers, silos will create 'real problems'
- How will the VMworld news about SDN, storage affect VMware partners?
- VMware User Group president shares members' cloud challenges
- VMware vSAN and the scalable virtual desktop infrastructure
- Breaking down barriers to virtualizing mission-critical applications
- New security concerns raised by the software-defined trend
- How IT shops can make the software-defined infrastructure a reality
- Will VMware shops push toward automation and Desktop as a Service?
- Flash, spinning disk, caching? VDI storage should be context-aware
- How will VMware NSX change network virtualization practices?
- VMware falls short explaining the software-defined future
Explore other sections in this guide:
Exploring virtualization, cloud computing and big data infrastructureDate: Aug 30, 2013
IT professionals are in various stages of virtualizing their infrastructures and exploring cloud computing. In this VMworld 2013 video, attendee Greg Ericson talks about his recent virtualization, cloud computing and consolidation project. Ericson, chief innovation officer at Press Ganey Associates, said hybrid cloud is the best model to meet his organization's prime IT needs: security and self-service.
Along with virtualization and cloud computing, big data is a key concern for Ericson and his team. Part of their mission at VMworld was to research the best way to build a big data infrastructure.