This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
3. - Virtualization videos with IT pros : Read more in this section
- How Cisco is integrating Composite Software with its networking products
- Pfizer research fellow discusses experiences with data virtualization software
- Data management complexity amplified by server virtualization issues
- Facilitating the virtualization of mission-critical applications
- Business user touts hybrid virtualization and cloud computing model
Explore other sections in this guide:
Exploring virtualization, cloud computing and big data infrastructureDate: Aug 30, 2013
IT professionals are in various stages of virtualizing their infrastructures and exploring cloud computing. In this VMworld 2013 video, attendee Greg Ericson talks about his recent virtualization, cloud computing and consolidation project. Ericson, chief innovation officer at Press Ganey Associates, said hybrid cloud is the best model to meet his organization's prime IT needs: security and self-service.
Along with virtualization and cloud computing, big data is a key concern for Ericson and his team. Part of their mission at VMworld was to research the best way to build a big data infrastructure.