CompTIA Cloud Essentials is an entry-level, vendor-neutral cloud certification that evaluates administrators on the following knowledge:
- Characteristics of cloud services from a business perspective.
- Business value of cloud computing.
- Technical perspective and cloud types.
- Steps to successful cloud adoption.
- Effect and changes of the cloud on IT service management.
- Risks and consequences of cloud computing.
These exam objectives were originally developed by ITpreneurs in cooperation with the Cloud Credential Council, a membership body dedicated to vendor-neutral training in cloud computing and comprising companies including IBM, Cisco, EMC, HP and ING. Though not a requirement, CompTIA recommends that exam candidates have at least six months of IT experience.