BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Private Cloud is a new Microsoft certification covering Windows 2012 Hyper-V and System Center 2012, as well as applications such as SharePoint and Exchange. The certification tests administrators on the following abilities:
- Design and deploy Microsoft System Center.
- Configure System Center infrastructure and integration.
- Configure and deploy virtual machines (VMs) and services.
- Configure storage and network fabric, deployment and update servers, and cloud and virtualization hosts.
- Configure data center process automation.
- Configure resource monitoring and monitor resources.
- Configure and maintain service management.
- Manage configuration, updates, backup, and recovery.
MCSE Private Cloud requires you to take the following certification exams:
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
- Administering Windows Server 2012.
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services.
- Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012.
- Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012.
If you’re already a Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator or MCITP: Server Administrator, you only need to complete the last two exams above to earn your Private Cloud certification.